POSITIVE AIRWAY PRESSURE (PAP) THERAPY
The Gold Standard for Sleep Apnea Treatment
Oregon Sleep Specialists offers a more advanced technology to our patients called auto-CPAP. Auto-CPAP therapy devices sense your breathing needs and provide variable pressures throughout the night. As with the other models, auto-CPAP therapy devices are also equipped with various features that can help make therapy more comfortable.
When you treat your sleep disorder by wearing the auto-CPAP system every night you may
experience the following health benefits:
- Better quality of sleep
- More daytime energy
- Increased alertness
- Improved cognitive function
- Lower blood pressure
- Decreased risk of heart attack and stroke
- Improved overall quality of life
PATIENT CARE PROGRAM
In order for treatment to be effective, patients must be compliant with their prescription. The trained professional staff at Oregon Sleep Specialists maximizes compliance in the following ways:
- Careful instruction during the patient’s setup.
- Follow-up monitoring to achieve collaborative self-management. Oregon Sleep Specialists communicates directly with the patient at the following intervals after the initial setup:
- Your physician is kept informed of your progress and compliance.
- For the patient’s convenience, OSS will track when new supplies are due. Oregon Sleep Specialists will mail the supplies to the patient every 3 months and bill the insurance carrier accordingly.
- OSS offers a 30 day mask guarantee.
- OSS therapists are available to answer questions 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
EQUIPMENT AND MASKS
Determining the right mask, accessories and heated humidification for each unique person is key to a good compliance rate, and is important to long term success with auto-CPAP therapy. Finding the right mask takes patience and time. We offer a 30-day, money-back, trial period on all masks to ensure long-term comfort and use.
OSS has worked extensively with numerous insurance plans to facilitate coverage for
eligible patients needing auto-CPAP therapy equipment, masks and supplies.